Standard Returns Policy
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, you can return the product to us and we will either repair / replace it, or credit your account, subject to the below terms. This Policy applies to products bought from Beachbum Trading (Pty) Ltd (www.beachbum.co.za).
This Policy forms part of the our Terms and Conditions, and so words defined in the Terms and Conditions have the same meaning in this Policy, unless the context indicates otherwise. Nothing in this Policy is intended to limit your statutory rights in any way.
1. Unwanted products
You can return an unwanted product to us at no charge, provided:
- it is undamaged and unused, with the original labels and stickers still attached;
- it is in the original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition with all seals still intact (if applicable).
- it is not missing any accessories or parts;
- you log a return via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 30 days of delivery to you of the unwanted product. After 30 days, you can only return a product if it is defective; and it is not one of the products listed below.
1.1 Changed your mind?
Where you have changed your mind and would like a credit for a product, you can return it – provided the product is not:
- a digital product such as an electronic voucher, gaming code or other digital download;
- a product which has been personalised for you or made to your specifications; or
- a flatpack furniture product that has been assembled after delivery.
As well as adhere to all the conditions stated at point no 1. above.
Please note that the cost of returning the product will be for your own pocket in this instance. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will credit your account with the purchase price of the product (minus the original courier fee, as well as transaction fees incurred) within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference).
1.2 Not what you ordered?
If we accidentally deliver the wrong product to you, please notify us and we will collect the product from you at no charge. If the product is missing any accessories or parts, you will need to follow the process set out in section 2 below. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible (if the correct product is available); or credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference).
2. Products damaged on delivery
Should a product be damaged or missing any parts or accessories at the time of delivery, please notify us within 48 hrs of such delivery / by sending an email to email@example.com.
Please include photos of the damaged packaging as well as product/s.
We will arrange to collect the product from you were applicable, and at your choice repair / replace the product as soon as possible (if such repair is possible / we have the same product in stock to use as a replacement) or credit your account with the purchase price of the product (or refund you if that is your preference).
3. Defective products
We do our best to ensure that the products we deliver to you are of a high quality, and in good working order and without defects.
What is a defect? A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return under this section 3:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- accidental damage, eg. dropping or knocking the product against another suface;
- damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion;
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
- damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product;
- where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the Website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you.
Preparing your products for a return
To ensure your request is processed as quickly as possible you are responsible for the following when returning your products;
- package your products safely and securely for protection during transit;
- include all accessories and parts that were sold with the product.
Failure to adhere to any of these requirements could delay the processing of your request or result in its decline altogether.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions related to refunds and returns.